Peter Allen president peter AT ptallen DOT com
Peter is most at home with his wife, Sal, too-many-to-count grand children from his three children, looking forward to golf and tennis, and eating and drinking well to celebrate life.
With over 35 years of experience as an Ann Arbor area real estate developer and consultant, and University of Michigan educator, Peter Allen is known for his passion to make Ann Arbor one of the best cities in the world. His zeal for Ann Arbor is fueled partly by his direct involvement with his teaching thousands of students the basic tenets of lively downtowns. His students, who come from around the world, give him a sneak peak into market forces shaping our buildings, downtowns, and "sense of place," essential to quality, people-oriented development.
Appointments & Board Memberships: As an adjunct faculty member since 1981 at the University of Michigan and a working real estate professional, Peter has a unique perspective on the complexities of walkable urbanity. Additionally, Peter has chaired or founded numerous local and regional conferences highlighting public policy issues relating to development, multi-model transit options, and the local quality of life.
As an adjunct faculty member at the University of Michigan and a working real estate professional, Peter has a unique perspective on the trends in urban development. Additionally, Peter has chaired and/or founded numerous local and regional conferences highlighting public policy issues relating to development and the local quality of life.
- University of Michigan School of Architecture & Planning & Stephan Ross School of Business: Adjunct Faculty, 50% appointment: Focus on teaching the elements of developing existing downtown to over 3,000 graduate students since 1981.
- Faculty Adviser to U of M's Real Estate Certificate Program
- University of Michigan Real Estate Forum: Founder and Executive Director for its first 10 years. Founded in 1986 this forum has become a preeminent Midwest gathering of real estate professionals meeting yearly to discuss emerging trends and regional opportunities.
Civic Involvement: Peter believes it is important to stay involved in the local community, and he finds that the following memberships serve a vital role in the City of Ann Arbor.
- Ann Arbor Chair on Ann Arbor’s Greenbelt Advisory Commission.
- Ann Arbor Hands On Museum, Founding Trustee
- Kerrytown Concert House, Founding Trustee
- Neutral Zone, Founding Trustee
- Ann Arbor CEO Council: Founding Member
- Member: Urban Land Institute, Congress for New Urbanism, and Rotory International Education
- DePauw University – 1967, Bachelor of Arts, History
- USNR – 1971, Lieutenant
- University of Michigan – 1973, MBA with Distinction